Sunday, March 29, 2015

3 weeks of fun weekends!

When I look back at a week, I always think we didn't do much besides school and work...  But when I stick together all the stuff we did in 3 weeks, it's like all we do is play!  Here is an example:

In the last 3 weeks we.....

1. Went to color me mine and painted a soap dispenser (that matches our bathroom)
3. Celebrated Pi day with pie
2. Played in a toy store
3. Ate at Tucanos
4. Saw Insurgent
5. Played at Nickel City
6. Watched a season of Lost
7. Tried a new ice cream place
8. Made dinner with friends
9. Went to a birthday party






Pretty fun, right??  We have to fill up our free time with stuff like this to get us through the final stretch of the semester.


Some other stuff:

I presented at the BYU spring research conference and talked about my research at the paleontology museum...I won!  $100!  It paid for our Tucanos trip and for a bunch of yarn.  $100 well spent.



p.s. I have been using a lot of that yarn to make these clever coasters:
My friends tell be they're hilarious!  ...And they would be 100% correct.  (:

Javier was in a competition for best sales pitch/door approach for the first year reps at Alterra.  He did SO well! Higher ups came up to him individually and told him how well he did. He was just 0.1 points away from making it to the final 6!  Bummer, because had he been in the other room, he would have made it!  Lame.  But he is at LEAST #7 best 1st year sales rep thus far.  Go Javier!

Speaking of Alterra, and this is going to kill all the hype, but they changed our location... Looks like they overbooked Vegas, so they are sending us to........Philadelphia!  And that's the final word.  We are excited.  Javier will go out on the 28th or so, and I will be stuck in Utah mapping mountains for a month and a half before I head up... But a fun, busy summer is ahead!

Also, I took a field trip with my Sedimentology and Stratigraphy class.  We drove through Price, down the Green River, and back to Provo, stopping at a bunch of outcrops to study them.  Fun, but I'm glad to be home.







No comments:

Post a Comment