Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Disney side of our lives

No matter who you are, Disney is the foundation of the side of you that believes in magical princesses, talking animals, triumph over evil, magical worlds, and all other things magic.  But Disney even has every day adventures covered! AND made a song for them.  Really, Disney has created the soundtrack of your life.  Traveling? There's Disney song for that.  Crushing on someone? There's a Disney song for that.   Going to the beach?  There's a Disney song for that.  Road tripping? There's a Disney song for that.  Going to work?  There's a Disney song for that.  (Have fun figuring out what songs I had in mind for each of those(; )
The past 4 weeks at field camp have been full of Disney moments for me... But not quite in the way you'd expect... Here are some examples:

I hiked until my shoes begged for mercy...
I feel every rock and tree and creatureeeee under my shoes that are meant just for runninnngggg

Sometimes our assignments were AWFUL and I couldn't figure it out...
Like FIRE, HELL FIRE this BURNING in my souuullllll

But I learned that the best rock outcrops are along washes and rivers...
What's a rounds the river beeeeend? Are there rocks around the river beeeeend? 

Getting samples made me feel like...
We dig dig dig dig dig dig dig because we are forced toooo! We dig dig dig dig dig dig dig to graduate BYUuuuuuu.

But there were those moments of bliss that came with finishing a big assignment before the weekend...
Iiiiiiiii got no strings to hold me down!  I am staving... Let's go to town!

But everyone was so ready to go back to Provo
One day mooooorreeeeee! (Pretend it counts...)

But finally, after a month of caveman-ing, Provo made everyone feel like...
Are those people? Are they ruuuunning?  I wanna know about these strangers like meee...

Just a testament to how applicable Disney songs are, right?

I asked if Javier had any Disney moments... He said not so much, but if he had to pick one, it would be Make a Man Out of You from Mulan.  Totally applicable!  

Javier is doing really well! He broke his personal record a few days ago. #soproud!  We have some awesome friends who have been making sure he's not eating chips for every meal(: 

Seeing Javier yesterday was probably the besting that has happened since we got married(:  5 weeks was looonnngggg.  But Philly is great!  (that I've seen so far).  We went to church today, ate some lunch, took a nap, and played some games with friends! We are excited for the next couple months of working hard and playing just as hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment