Hope you enjoyed that. (:
Javier is doing so well. Like, I am constantly amazed at how awesome he is. He works so hard! I can only handle so many rude people, but Javier does it for 10 hours a day, Monday through Saturday. He has not come home ONCE with a negative attitude. Some days can be hard. I'd use those crappy days as an excuse to complain (a lot. I'm definitely a complainer.). But Javier comes home, talks about it, tries to figure out what he could do better, and then practices! And he comes home at 9:30 every night! He's superman. Okay. My praise may be borderline embarrassing. I'll stop. But bottom line: Javier is the best. Ever. He would crush any job he could ever have.
I'm a lucky girl to get a job for the 2.5 months I'm here as a secretary at Alterra. It's the first real full time job I have ever had. I'm liking it! It keeps me busy. I enter paperwork and payments, take calls and make calls. Kind of mundane, but it's better than sitting at home all day.
When Javier gets off on Saturday, the party starts! Most of the time we just want to veg out, but this past weekend, we went to DC! We left on Saturday night with Allison and Brady and went to the DC temple. It was BEAUTIFUL! My #2 favorite temple. (SD wins by a long shot, but second is still an honorable position(;)
![]() |
| In our Saturday best (; |
We first visited the Arlington National Cemetery and watched the changing of the guards at the tomb of the unknown soldier. It was really wonderful. Little did we know, we'd picked one of the hottest weekends to spend in DC. It was HUMID and got to 91 degrees. Maybe more. We were all SO hot! I got heat blisters on my feet the first hour and spent a good amount of time at church patching them up.
The Lord loves us. Proof? Front row parking in DC without any time wasted. Perfect! After checking out the Washington Monument:
we rented some tandem bikes to get to a couple others and the White house!
It was AWESOME! Especially because it started POURING rain. We got 100% soaking wet, but biked through it. We stopped for a little bit when it was raining so hard that we couldn't see. But it was cooler! And once we became pro tandem bikers, we started plowing through giant puddles in the road. It was super fun! We got home, exhausted. not wanting to be big kids again, but such is life. (:







No comments:
Post a Comment